This fee is comprised of your training £3,528 (incl VAT) plus £595 for learning resources.
Pay in full now to save
Easy Payment Plan
£595 deposit, followed by 12 monthly payments of £294.
- Bound manual
- video library
- Polestar Principles online
- Proficient at identifying the principles of biomechanics, kinesiology, motor learning and neuromuscular facilitation that help in the process of critical reasoning.
- Ability to design training and treatment programs that help you solve client problems and meet their training goals.
- A deep understanding of the precautions and contraindications of Pilates exercises.
- Skilled at Pilates Program design and exercise sequencing.
- Proficient at verbal and tactile cueing combined with imagery to facilitate accurate execution of the movements.
- Confident in the practical application of the repertoire through the use of case studies.
- Skilled at exercise modifications for a variety of special populations.
- Fitness instructors, rehabilitation practitioners and other movement teachers (e.g. yoga or dance) who wish to teach Pilates using the apparatus in a typical equipment studio
- Physical Therapists and Medical Professionals who wish to incorporate Pilates into their clinical practice.
- Career-changers. Usually will need to take the introductory two-day Polestar Gateway prior to enrolling on this course. We can also offer an online anatomy and physiology course if necessary.
- You’re a qualified rehabilitation practitioner, Pilates mat teacher or fitness/movement professional, or you have completed the Polestar Gateway course.
- A basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- 25 hours of personal Pilates experience
This course covers more than 150 of the original and evolved Pilates exercises as well as hundreds of variations and modifications.
The Polestar learning method is interactive for a deeper learning experience. Walk away from this course skilled at assessing the whole person; physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. Polestar is renowned for its knowledge-based approach that incorporates:
- discussion forum
- labs (doing, observing, teaching)
- problem solving (utilizing case studies and deductive reasoning)
- hands-on teaching (group and individuals)
- interactive online course material and revision resources
- assessment skills
- principles of neuro-linguistics (modeling, sequencing and structuring information, and maintaining appropriate learning states)
To graduate, you need to demonstrate your competence as a Polestar Pilates Instructor. This is a fundamental part of the training where you complete 40 hours of observation, 100 hours of self-mastery and 100 hours of apprentice teaching. Polestar offers a number of support options to help you pass your practical teaching with confidence. It’s important to book regular private sessions (at least monthly) with a member of your education team. They will help keep you on track with your self-mastery and apprentice teaching. You can also get together with another student to share private tuition costs. A list of Polestar Educators and Mentors is provided when you start your course.
Certification Costs & Requirements
When you decide to take your exam and get certified is up to you, although we recommend that you sit your exam within two years of completing the course. Exams run in March and September. The cost of your exam and certification is £250. Book your exam when you’re ready from our timetable.
To keep accreditation current, graduates need to complete 16 hours of Polestar training courses and/or workshops every two years as well as two hours of self-practise and 10 hours teaching each week.
Then all you do is complete this form and return to us having paid the appropriate renewal fee online HERE (£75 prior to expiry, £150 after expiry). We will then maintain your listing, as a currently accredited Polestar instructor in our “Find a Teacher” search HERE.
TIP: Check your certification expiry date and ensure you have completed your hours before that date! We run Polestar Advanced training courses and workshops so there are plenty of opportunities for you to complete your practice and hours.
If you have multiple certifications, these can be renewed on one form, for one fee with the necessary hours recorded once. Just remember to tick all the boxes that apply.
Cancellations in writing prior to course commencement date (first scheduled attended module) will be refunded as follows:
- With 60 days’ or more notice – 100% of fees;
- With 30 or more days’ notice – 50% of fees;
- Less than 30 days’ notice – Nil.
Fees exclude course materials costs of £595.00 which are non-refundable. Any unpaid payment plan instalments become due in full at the time of cancellation and any outstanding balances will be charged to your payment card. If, at the time of booking, you know that you will not be able to attend a scheduled course module, let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you on a subsequent course for a nominal transfer fee. After course commencement, modules missed can either be caught-up privately with a Polestar educator/mentor at your own cost, or, subject to availability, re-booked on a subsequent course at a significant discount. We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule any course or course module, in which case the fees will be refunded in full. Polestar Pilates UK Limited is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a course in the event of cancellation of a course.
|PPO - Polestar Principles Online||Pre-course online and self-study|
|PFS - Polestar Fitness Screening||20 April 2018 (Fri, 17:00 - 19:00)|
|SR1 - Comprehensive Module 1||21-22 April 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|SR2 - Comprehensive Module 2||19-20 May 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|SR3 - Comprehensive Module 3||9-10 June 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|SR4 - Comprehensive Module 4||14-15 July 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|SR5 - Comprehensive Module 5||18-19 August 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|SR6 - Comprehensive Module 6||15-16 September 2018 (Sat/Sun)|
|EXAM - Studio/Rehab Certification||To be taken within 2 years of course commencement|