- Online training resources
- Laminated practice cards
- Bound manual
- video library
- Insight into Polestar movement concepts & Pilates professional ethics.
- Learn to teach 18 original and preparatory Pilates reformer exercises.
- Correctly identify the basic concepts applicable to each Pilates reformer exercise.
- Understand the most common contraindications & precautions for the exercises.
- Identify anatomical landmarks necessary for teaching Pilates.
- Ability to correct common faulty movement patterns
- Enhance your current repertoire within your scope of practice
- It is perfect for those who have completed a comprehensive equipment course and are looking to fine-tune their reformer teaching skills, especially for those wishing to teach in a class environment.
- This non-certification course is also ideal for existing Pilates mat teachers from any school or
- Anyone who has already completed Polestar’s Gateway Mat and is interested in discovering what is involved in teaching using the reformer.
- A passion for Pilates
- A Pilates mat or equipment qualification
- A reasonable knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology
Your course begins with three hours of online training at home, and shifts into experiential labs for collaborative learning. You will learn a variety of mat exercises and sequences that you can immediately work into your exercise and rehab programs.
The online training is a requirement for all Gateway Pilates students. The online course consists of 3 lectures:
- Pilates History and Evolution
- Polestar Movement Principles
- Professional Ethics and Scope of Practice.
Each of these lectures is followed by a brief online quiz, which you must pass to progress to the next Gateway course module.
Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. Cancellation & Amendment Policy: More than 60 days prior to course start – full refund of all course fees, less £25 admin charge (unless retained as a credit against future purchases); 50% refund for 31-60 days’ notice; 30 days’ or less notice – no refund. We reserve the right to cancel any course, in which case the tuition will be refunded in full. Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a workshop in the event of cancellation.