- Online training resources
- Laminated practice cards
- Bound manual
- video library
- Insight into Polestar movement concepts & Pilates professional ethics.
- Learn to teach 18 original and preparatory Pilates mat exercises.
- Correctly identify the basic concepts applicable to each Pilates mat exercise.
- Understand the most common contraindications & precautions for the 18 exercises.
- Identify anatomical landmarks necessary for teaching Pilates.
- Ability to correct common faulty movement patterns
- Enhance your current repertoire within your scope of practice.
- Satisfy the prerequisite for Polestar Comprehensive training
- Health and fitness professionals wanting to complement their current practice with Pilates
- Pilates enthusiasts wishing wishing to deepen their Pilates experience and/or:
- Anyone taking a first step towards a career teaching Pilates
- A passion for Pilates
Your course begins with three hours of online training at home, and shifts into experiential labs for collaborative learning. You will learn a variety of mat exercises and sequences that you can immediately work into your exercise and rehab programs.
The online training is a requirement for all Gateway Pilates students. The online course consists of 3 lectures:
- Pilates History and Evolution
- Polestar Movement Principles
- Professional Ethics and Scope of Practice.
Each of these lectures is followed by a brief online quiz, which you must pass to progress to the next Gateway course module.
Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. Cancellation & Amendment Policy: More than 60 days prior to course start – full refund of all course fees, less £25 admin charge (unless retained as a credit against future purchases); 50% refund for 31-60 days’ notice; 30 days’ or less notice – no refund. We reserve the right to cancel any course, in which case the tuition will be refunded in full. Polestar Pilates UK Ltd. is not responsible for any participant’s hotel/airline reservations or transportation to and from a workshop in the event of cancellation.